Opportunity – vacancy – domestic abuse worker
Female* Black, Asian, Minority & Ethnic (BAME) Crisis Response Worker (including Eastern European)
Salary: Point 24: £22,401 (rising to £22,911 on 1st April 2019)
Established in 1999, Next Link is the leading provider of domestic abuse services to women and children in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. At Next Link we are committed to providing holistic, empowering and personalised support and advocacy to women and children experiencing domestic abuse. With a focus on survivor’s safety and recovery; we believe the provision of flexible support tailored to survivors need’s can be transforming, helping to maximise independence and self-determination so survivors can make informed choices.
We are looking for a BAME Crisis Response Worker to join the team and work within a dynamic, fast paced crisis intervention advocacy and support service.
Your role will include:
- Responding to emergency and crisis situations to Black, Asian, Minority and Ethnic women and children experiencing domestic abuse
- Providing support, advice, advocacy, signposting or direct intervention
- Providing short term support (up to 4 weeks); advising women on criminal justice/ and civil remedies
- Empowering survivors to increase their options, make positive choices/decisions, increase their confidence, safety and recovery
- Some evening and Saturday working on a rota basis and participation on out of hours telephone on-call rota
The successful Candidate will have:
- Experience of working with women in crisis
- An understanding of the impact of domestic abuse on women and children
- Fluency in another language
- Knowledge and understanding of multi-cultural issues, values and diversity
- Good assessment and liaison skills
- Experience of managing own caseload
- A full driving licence and access to transport
ᴑ Up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service) ᴑ 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day ᴑ Excellent development and training opportunities ᴑ Employer pension contribution (minimum 5% of your gross salary) ᴑ Mindful Employer Plus Scheme ᴑ Cycle to Work Scheme ᴑ Long Service Awards ᴑ Wellness Awards ᴑ
How to apply:
If you are motivated, resourceful and passionate about empowering female victims of domestic abuse apply for this role and work as part of a team to contribute to the valuable work Next Link and its wider services, delivering hope and support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse.
Please download the application pack from our website and complete the application form. Please submit your application by 9am 18th February 2019. Please do not send CVs. Interviews will be held on 25st February 2019.